A good friend tagged me on her blog...which essentially means I'm supposed to write 7 things about myself. This has proven to be extremely difficult and I've been "working" on it for awhile now! Here we go, with a twist:
1. I'm addicted to etsy.com.
If you don't know what it is, go there and try to resist it;) (Unless you are shopping for the same people I'm shopping for...in that case, stay away from it until after Christmas!) And who knows, I may put some of my home sewn goods on there at some point!
2. I absolutely LOVE being a stay-at-home-mom and only slightly miss my job.
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers but have managed to keep up with those friendships even being at home! I do miss patient care and seeing my patients improve over the course of their rehab...and I do miss my pediatric patients and the things they used to come up with during our sessions. I'll rejoin the physical therapy world at some point...for now, I am thankful daily for being the one my son wakes up to from every nap...being the one to feed him every meal (unless I share and let daddy feed him)...being the one to play with him, dance with him, and even change his diapers all day long...the list goes on.
3. I have a husband who thinks I'm "hot."
His word, not mine... And he continues to say so even when he comes home to me in comfy pants and a ponytail!
4. I prefer Kraft mac 'n cheese to the "real" stuff.
I've tried them both and like them both...but most of the time nothing beats the blue box!
5. I haven't danced since I was 23...
...sadly, that equals over 6 years. For those of you who've known me for a long time, you understand the power of this fact. Prior to PT school, I had spent the last 16 years of my life dancing. It was part of my identity and a main component of my happiness! Six and a half years gone and I still miss it...it makes me ache just thinking about it. That being said, I absolutely love watching So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing with the Stars and you can often find me dancing around my house, particularly when I'm happiest! Someday I hope to return to it...
6. I'm a proud supporter of breastfeeding (but respect everyone's individual decision!)
I have come to speak highly of the amazing benefits of breastfeeding to my mommy/soon-to-be mommy friends. I chose to breastfeed my son because of the health benefits to both him and me and entered into it not knowing how it would go or how long we would make it. I'm happy to report that we're doing great and, obviously, Aaron is growing well! Nursing him is such a sweet time and it is such an amazing thing to be able to fully provide for your child...amazing that my body knows what to make and how much to make...and when to change these things! To all you gonna-be mommies out there, give it a try and stick with it, I'll bet you'll be amazed and proud when you see that you can do it!
7. Here's my twist: If you're reading this, I'd love for you to tell me something you know about me, good, bad, serious or goofy...whether you're an old friend or new!
Phew, that was tough...but now I'm allowed to tag fellow bloggers...Jess, Whitney, Novak clan--if you can find the time, you're up! (Sara, I would have tagged you, but I figured after your recent post of 100 things about yourself, coming up with 7 more might be unfair!)
No comments:
Post a Comment