Thanks to some creative and patient planning, my high school friends and I were able to meet for a great girls' night out! I've known some of these girls since kindergarten, some from grade school, a couple others from junior high, and high school. Each of them has 2-4 kids for a grand total of 26 kids between us (including two who will be arriving this fall!). You would NEVER guess by looking at any of them that they have birthed that many children;) We were supposed to meet all the little cuties and see each other in Mommy mode the next morning, but unfortunately Miss Emily fell further under the weather and we were prompted to drive home instead.
The night was such a heartwarming, soul uplifting, spirit lightening time of catching up on our kids and families and reminiscing about the time when "grown-up" lives were just a dream. Many, many times during the night someone would say "I still can't believe I'm a mom." We all felt like we were back in high school again together. Great, great time!

1 comment:
Just catching up on blogging and wanted to say how *wonderful* it was seeing you back in June! I'm so sorry little Em' was sick the next day as I would have loved to meet your sweet babes. Next time! We are already planning Ohio weekend 2012, perhaps with an overnight/hotel component! Put it on your calendar! ;) So great to see you. xox
Post a Comment