The big guy is 5! My goodness, where did the time go?!
Here he is on the Friday before his birthday. He took a birthday snack of mini-cupcakes!
For his birthday party, he wanted an Av.engers theme. I had some thoughts on themed snacks but was struggling to figure out how to do cupcakes (per his request). Thankfully, I came up with something.
First, I made the batter from scratch. The last two years I have purchased cakes and then decorated them so I decided I needed to step it up! After mixing the batter, I divided it and colored it...
Mixed a couple together and voila! I give you:
H.ULK (green and purple), I.ronman (red and yellow), and Capt A.merica (red, white and blue) cupcakes!
Here are the snacks:
H.ulk dip (spinach dip), Capt A.merica shield (fruit and cheese tray), and T.hor hammers (pretzel sticks and cheese cubes)
Cupcakes and favor bags (which I forgot to hand out!):
Patiently waiting for cupcakes!
Aaron eating his favorite...I.ronman!
Emily enjoying a H.ulk cupcake
And Avery enjoying a Capt A.merica!
Macie got some snuggle time with Grandpa!
...and with Aunt Jess!
Opening his gifts...always with great helpers
One of the best parts of the party was that EVERYone stayed the night afterward! My brother, his wife, and their baby stayed in Macie's room. My sister, her husband and their one year old stayed in Emily's room. My mom and her husband stayed in the guest room.
And all kids over age 2 stayed in Aaron's room! We made sure to put one of the video monitors in there to catch anything entertaining! And boy, did we ever! After about an hour and a half, my brother burst out laughing while holding the monitor. Turns out one of the little girls thought mooning the others might be funny...and she was right. Oh my goodness...too funny.
They did sleep. I'm proud to say that Emily was the first asleep and the last awake! So many fun moments for them. I hope they remember these times as they grow up! We are so so so grateful that all the cousins were able to stay!
No comments:
Post a Comment