So, I hope that you heeded my unspoken warning...a new lens means even MORE pictures of my kids with very few actual stories to go with them!
Macie was playing in her gym so I decided to practice some more...check out those blue eyes!
Happy girl!
Prior to getting my lens, I met with a photographer and went over all the adjustments that can be made to my "fancy" camera in manual mode so I can stop using it as a point-and-shoot. I've had the camera for 5 1/2 years, it was time to figure it out! Sheesh! Here is something I learned...changing the point of focus. In these two similar pictures, I can focus on the atom toy in the background...
OR, I can focus on Miss Macie in the foreground...see the difference? I love having that control!
In this photo, I can focus on her beautiful face...
OR, the incredible leg rolls she is showing off! I love all her rolls, but the legs ones are pretty special when I think back to how scrawny they were at birth!
And more examples of controlling my focus...both the foreground and the background are nice and blurry, but my goofy subject is clear!
Don't get me wrong, I still use the camera as a point and shoot...like here to capture Macie in her adorable strawberry outfit (thanks Grammie!).
...and Emily in one of her last "Mommy & Me" ballet classes. It is amazing to see how much shorter her tutu is now than when she started!
Aaron and Emily couldn't resist some nakie baby snuggles! The nakie baby certainly didn't mind!
And for those of you, particularly my family members, who want to be sure of my child's maternity, check this out:
He figured out this trick while we were at ballet and was super excited to show me. Likewise, I was super excited to show him that his mommy could do it too;) Hahaha, no, there will be no pictures;)
No comments:
Post a Comment