Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend 2013

Mother's Day started early for me!  The Friday before, I helped out at Aaron's Mexican Fiesta in his preschool classroom.  It was so much fun seeing him in his school routine.  I was very impressed by the manners of all the children.  They were a very sweet bunch!  Before leaving, he presented me with this pot he decorated with a plant growing that he had been watering each day at school and a handprint flower stuck in it!  Sweet boy...he was very proud of it and I'm happy to report it is still growing strong!:)
In anticipation of a day out of the house with Josh for the Indy 500, I thought we better be sure Macie would take a bottle.  Aaron was more than eager to give her one, and shockingly, did so as a pro!  He held her just right and held the bottle just right...but she was not interested.  SO, I figured (hoped?) she was not hungry... 

(Turns out, she just has an aversion to bottles at the current time...poor girl wouldn't take a bottle the whole time we were at the race and my in-laws, bless them, fed her by squirting milk into her mouth using a medicine syringe!  Needless to say, she was happy to see me upon our return!) 


This spring, the kids have officially claimed their yard and playground!  They are outside as much as possible!
(This is how we will picture "Emily at age 3."  ...Wearing rainboots and a dress!) 
Mother's Day morning, I received a new lens for my camera and couldn't wait to try it out!  Fortunately, I have some very adorable subjects... 
More to come of me playing with the lens...but first, some pictures of us after a Mother's Day brunch at my in-laws' country club while Josh was playing with the lens! 





And back to me...I wanted a lens that would significantly blur the background.  After talking with a photographer and some impressive research by Josh, we figured out the one I wanted and I was super excited to see how it worked.  Sweet Macie was a fairly willing subject!


Aaron in his Daddy's rocker... 
Emily LOVES playing the piano with Grandma! 
Grandma had hoped Macie would like to play with her as well, but she just wasn't sure! 
Grandma's sisters came over for dinner, to meet Macie and spend time with Aaron and Emily as well.  They absolutely ADORE Emily and the feeling is mutual.  She was very upset when it was time to leave all the ladies!
Per Grandma, they are all hoping to have lunch with Emily very soon!


No comments: