Thursday, May 17, 2012

Living the Life!

The kids are permitted one tv show/day and lately, thanks to Ne.tfl.ix, they are loving the Back.yard.igans!  I love the time because I have about 20 minutes, uninterrupted!  AND I love seeing this:  (it's how they always sit when they watch a show)
For Christmas, the kids got a butterfly kit so once the warm weather seemed here to stay, we sent off for our caterpillar larvae!  In a couple of weeks, we had 5 painted lady butterflies! 

For his birthday, Aaron asked for a bird feeder.  The funny part is that when he opened it, he acted like I was crazy for buying it for him!  Fortunately now, he has genuinely thanked us for getting it for him.  Seeing the birds makes both the kids so excited!  We have a cardinal couple who visit regularly...here's the lady:
And this pretty yellow bird!  (I guess next up we need a book with their official names in it!) 
 We have had hay down in the yard in an effort to fill in some dead spots with new grass.  Bailey LOVES laying in it...and apparently chewing on it!
 
She also apparently likes to snuggle with Josh...this did not bug her at all... 
but I guess me interrupting by taking pictures did... 
Another comfortaable girl in this house! 
Aaron was officially promoted from the 3-4 class in preschool to pre-k.  He will not be attending the same preschool next year, sadly, but had a GREAT time this year!
Some of his shyness melted away at their performance.  He drummed...
 
He waved his arms... 
He jumped!  All the while, he sang too!  We were so proud! 
Here he is with his teachers who were great and always had sweet things to say about our Aaron! 
Here he is "reading" his diploma... 
Back at home, Daddy and the kids took the wood plane out for a flight. 
And in between flights, Emily picked flowers...any flower in the yard, apparently, is worthy of a good puff of air...even the ones without the cottony seeds! 


We are gearing up for a great summer filled with some exciting new adventures.  Tomorrow we sign on a new house...hopefully Daddy will have the energy and time of 10 men so we can move in to it soon!

1 comment:

ziemkes said...

The birdhouse is awesome. I love the little things that thrill kids (well...me too!). Looking forward to our caterpillars making the big change soon. Glad Aaron is keeping such good tabs on his! Yay for Aaron's preschool promotion. I'm sure he will continue making great strides at whatever school he ends up in for next year. Congrats on the new house! Let the fun begin!!