Thank goodness we have one more year with this guy, who has figured out the humor behind goofy faces as shown here, before all day every day school begins! This was the morning before his first day of pre-k. He requested pancakes a la Daddy. He also asked for whipped cream...thanks to a carton of heavy cream and a motivated Daddy, voila! Aaron got whip cream!
Cheesy grin...love it!
And another one! He looks way too big here!
He was totally into it and excited until we pulled in the parking lot. Then he said to me "I don't know. It might be scary." Here he is outside the entrance...
Here he is hanging his backpack/lunchbag up on his hook...
We walked him in as a family and he sweetly gave hugs and kisses to Daddy (or received them anyway!).
After getting my quick kiss (I could see he was starting to lose it) and walking him to the carpet, the dam broke and the tears began. I'm sure it was intimidating, especially for our shy, observational child to start cold turkey at a new school. He cried for a few minutes...even with a heartbreaking "mommy!" as I walked away from his classroom, but as expected, he was his happy cheerful self upon picking him up. He even shared a lot of details about his day with us...we could tell he was proud of himself and he admitted consistently that he had a lot of fun...PHEW! Hoping day two dropoff goes more smoothly! Love my sweet hearted boy:)
1 comment:
I can't believe how grown up Aaron looks. Did you just get his hair cut? He looks so much bigger than when I saw him less than a month ago! Super heartbreaking story but I hope he is racing to his classroom soon! Miss you all!
Post a Comment