At our resort there was a Cabana on the beach offering all kinds of water sports and amenities. Josh signed us up for a dolphin watch/shelling cruise on the Calusa Spirit. It was a very nice experience! Macie, once again, slept the whole time...something about the motor and the rocking of the boat, I'm sure! We saw several dolphins who swam all around our boat and back and forth beneath it. We also saw a lot of neat birds like ospreys, both brown and white pelicans, and even a bald eagle. The cruise also made a stop on a currently uninhabited island to collect shells. The island was once occupied but was not protected from erosion and all but one of the homes has been completely washed away. You will see the one that remains. It is unusual looking and out in the water now!
Here's the gang:
A cool shot by Josh through some driftwood:
Looking for shells...the kids were adorable. Emily specifically looked for pink or purple ones and Aaron picked up the largest ones he could find!
Goofy kids by the roots of a fallen tree:
With Grandma and Grandpa:
Horseshoe crab shells:
This was one of the homes on this island. It was made to be eco-friendly but is now condemned for safety, obviously! Apparently the owner is hoping to build again...
The whole gang again with lots of neat driftwood and the home in the background:
Cool dude:
This could give you nightmares...those are all crabs! There were TONS of them down by this water hole!
And what are the chances? This nice gentleman took our picture and then asked me where we were from. I told him Indiana. He then asked if I knew "a fine man by the name of Richard Luger" (a former Indiana senator). I said, "I know OF him because I went to Denison, which is where he also went to school." The man smiled and said, "me too." That was how he knew Mr. Luger. I can't say that I've ever run into a fellow Denison alum! Especially not on some tiny uninhabited island in Florida!
Probably the first picture of just the five (?!) of us...sad, but true!
And another...
We had a great time, as usual. It was very relaxing and extremely refreshing to get out of the cold and snow and hit the warm beach for a week! We are so thankful for these trips!
No comments:
Post a Comment