Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Dog's Life...


Poor Duke
...that's how I'm feeling for him at this time! He's just not sure what his role is now that Aaron is here! One minute he appears to be pouting at the drastic difference in attention he's receiving (above)...and the next he is very serious about his role as the protective big brother (below)...uh, I mean dog. He whines when Aaron's in his crib because he can't see him...this led to Josh bringing in a stool so Duke could check on Aaron during his nap! Any sound Aaron makes apparently means "Duke, come check on me." Anytime Aaron and I are in the nursery, Duke is there to help out...whatever that may mean! He likes to sniff Aaron but has yet to really share any kisses to his face, which is okay with us until Aaron's a little bigger! Aaron just looks at Duke like he's nothing out of the ordinary. Wait til he learns he has the biggest, and coolest, dog on the block!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Holy crap, Duke standing over the crib is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Our dogs are like disinterested cats compared to Duke! What a good BIG brother :)

Amy said...

Roor Ruke!

Ahem, I mean, poor Duke!

ziemkes said...

Awww! What a great big brother! that picture is classic!