Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy First Birthday!

With his birthday falling on a Tuesday (today!), we threw Aaron's party this past weekend. It was an absolutely gorgeous day with temperatures in the mid-80s and nothing but sunshine! We had lots of family and friends help us celebrate and it was just as I hoped it'd be! Here are some highlights...
Some suitable cheese for crackers...
Here is Aaron with his second cousin, Sam, close behind. Sam is one day shy of being exactly one month older than Aaron! Check out Aaron's shirt...perfect!
And to go along with the shirt...the perfect hat!
Here are Audrey and Aunt Jess with their, uh, party hats?! Audrey, your mama is silly!
An attempt at a cute photo...from hopeful...
...to uncomfortable for both parties involved!
Big boy all ready for some cake, wondering why everyone is looking at him!
Dig in!
Sign of a good time...
Aaron was more into his gifts for his birthday than he was at Christmas, but his attention span could not outlast the generosity of our guests! There were cousins playing with cousins...
And cousins of cousins giving hugs! (After this hug, she told us "he feels better." TOO cute!)Here's Aaron trying out his new swing...surely this one won't put him to sleep!
And here he is trying to figure out how those balloons keep following him!Today, his actual birthday, we attempted cake again...and while he did manage to eat quite a bit, he was much more excited by the thrill of actually touching his dog! Unfortunately, the sentiment was not returned...
Did you know that when you turn one you become a super hero? That's right! With his trusty sidekick, uh, Dog Bowl...I introduce to you...


It's so hard to believe that the little baby that entered our lives just one incredibly fast year ago is now a toddler who entertains us with his curiosity and sense of humor daily! Our lives have been enhanced by his presence in our world...so much more than can be imagined. We love you Aaron! Happy First Birthday!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Ah, Captain Awesome! Where-oh-where did you find that sweatshirt?? Love that close-up with the cake smushing :) So cute!! Can I tell you I thought the first pic was the cake, and I was like, "uh, Stace..." :D

ziemkes said...

It was a great day! I can't believe he is a year old already. You got some great pictures and some great memories...so did we!

B-Mama said...

What a great set of pictures! I just love how happy and loved little Aaron seems to be! He is a lucky little boy and seems to bask in it all!! Happy 1st birthday!!!!